Saturday, August 22, 2009

ACK its my Birthday.. again?!


how did I get to be 37?!

Today I baked an angel food cake with 7 minute frosting. This was the cake my Auntie Mimi would make me every single birthday until the age of 14... she past away the following May... I had NOT had this cake since! I hope I did her proud.. that it turned out to Mimi's standards :)

I thought about her a lot today.. because of the cake... I wish she could be here baking WITH me.. and I could enjoy her as adult now..(auntie frances too... I was just getting to know her as an adult when she died.) Mimi would have loved the convenience of my kitchen aid.. ( MAN how did she beat that cake by HAND? and the frosting too!!!) I could show her now what I have learned and she could teach me her trade secrets... sigh.. hard to believe 23 years has gone by. I wish MY kids knew her.. instead of a faceless name...

ahhh 37... why am I having such a hard time with it this year? Went to jack astors to watch a band/drinks the other night... the guys in there were born in 1990... we are old enough to be THEIR parents... wow. The wrinkles have somehow jumped onto my face this year.. they WERENT there last year!

I get to spend my birthday alone with the kids.. as usual, although I am going over to Mum and Joes tomorrow night for birthday dinner of chicken livers... MY request.. yes I am WIERD! and of course my cake I baked...I am sure my mother will critque it closely.. and say" its good.. but its JUST NOT auntie mimi's..."

I wish dean was here... i hate spending birthdays and such alone... I havent done anything on my birthday in years.. dean hasnt been home for my birthday in 4 years...at least we got to go out for dinner and drinks.. it was our anniversary/ birthday annual go out without the kids night... prob. wont be another "date" until NEXT august now... oh and apparently Joe got mad at my mother for babysitting.. he had to eat ALONE... ahhhh WAHHHHH... like I do 4 days a WEEK? suck it up Joe.. I ask my mother MAYBE 2 times a year to babysit.. this year I got in an extra day because of the swc reunion... oh yes.. and she came over for 2 1/2 hours last month so i could go with russell to see harry potter.. and i got the usual.." well I WANTED to see it TOO bs" well so did dean.. but we just didnt have time as a family.. and still would have needed to have a babysitter if we went.. not taking devon!!

ok.. enough ranting and feeling sorry for myself... I will just take this birthday as any other day... and will be lucky to have a few minutes here and there where devon isnt demanding something or they arent fighting.. oh and i also have robbie here... sigh

its 139am.. and as usual I am up when i should be sleeping.. but hey I am alone!!! :p but time for this OLD lady to go to bed.. so it can all start again in the morning....

tl
Su

No comments:

Post a Comment