Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This is shaping up to be a very very long week...

dean of course is having another shitty week with the truck he has- hes on week two with this truck that has no a/c ( its 110 in florida) and one gas tank ( the other had plastic and cardboard stuck in it) so this made him late.. and of course andy had a ton of picks for him. oh and last night his phone broke.

Devon has a broken arm... did it on saturday. He was in his usual fine mood, attacking his friend, running, screaming etc.. and he ran into the games room and slammed the door.. i went up to see what desctruction he was wreaking and opened the door.. he was behind it- apparently with his right arm raised. sigh. it didnt even swell or bruise, plus he could move his fingers and wrist. Dr. said it just had to be the way his arm was up on an angle.. its a small crack, not a clean cut break. So now I have a kid that cant do anything since its his right arm including getting dressed or go to the bathroom. Joy. I am actually shocked that he hasnt broken something before the way he leaps, jumps and doesnt pay attention not to mention his lack of coordination. ( I better knock on some wood here!)

I am trying to convince Dean to take off Thanksgiving week ( not this trip but the trip after). He needs a break and so do I. If he takes it off he will be off when the kids have their 4 day weekend, be home for thanksgiving dinner for the first time in 13 years, and get to go to balls falls festival. I hope he says yes. He wouldnt get a vacation until christmas otherwise and he needs to have a break from the crap hes dealing with and I need to see him longer than 2 days. ( and so do his kids! :)

I hope dean gets home earlyish today and since his phone is broken, I have NO clue. I should be doing something in here, I have laundry to put away, things to tidy etc but I keep putting it off. I dont even know what i am going to make for dinner. Guess I better get something out soon if I want it defrosted. I have been sitting here since I took the kids in this morning playing plants vs zombies... really productive! :p ( Thanks kathy! lol)

I wrote a long email to a friend of my mothers niece who does aba and ibi therapy and sensory intergration... gave her my #... wonder if she will get back to me. I can only imagine how much it costs... other places around here are around the 25--30 dollar and hour mark. Anything is worth a shot finding out about but It just seems like everyone I have called or emailed either doesnt get back to me or cant help. He finally goes for his mri next month ( oct). at sick kids. we have been waiting since february. Hes going under anesthetic.. this should be fun!We also have an appt with dr shapir oct. 7th. We took the kids to dr sassi last week ( the eye dr) and he said again, devon has a mild prescription but do I honestly think he would keep the glasses on for more than an hour? So he recommended we hold out till it gets significant. Poor kid. seems things only gets worse as time goes on.

ok- one more round :) and I should do something in here before dean gets home cuz then i will have NO time.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment